MAMBO ITALIANO
More like "Wait a minute, something's right!" Sorry, that was cheesy. But honestly this song kind of reminds me of all things Italian, and really good cheese. This song also makes me want to dance, and excites me! The first time I listened to it in class, it sounded oddly familiar. I immediately figured out where I'd heard it before. After many long, pointless YouTube searches, I determined that my guess as to where I'd heard this song first was correct. This is in fact one of the songs that plays during a kiddie ride in Cars Land at California Adventure (Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters). Next time you find yourself at this theme park, be sure to give this ride a try and be even surer that you pay close attention to George Clooney's auntie Rosemary singing this upbeat mambo. Yes, I am disappointed that this is where I knew this work of art from.
Forgetting about its relation to a theme park ride, because this song can stand on its own, there are so many things about this song that I LOVE! I love the kind of stop and start feel of the first chorus, Rosemary's slightly raspy voice, and the many instruments complimenting each other in the background. There is one instrumental part that kind of surprised me as I listened. I'm definitely wrong on this but it legitimately sounds like mixes of tubas, some sort of African drums, and a harpsichord. Oh, and maracas. I have less than no clue if this is true, but either way it makes for some great music!
Great job on your post! I also love the name of your blog. I like how you said that this song reminds you of Italy. I kept that in mind when I listened to it, and I could totally see where you get that. I also love how you pointed out how her voice is raspy. When you're analyzing the music like you did you notice stuff that a normal person wouldn't notice when they are just listening to it for fun. Great observations!
ReplyDelete