Ain't Misbehavin'

Ain't Misbehavin' was a song I remembered enjoying listening to, but also remembered thinking it could potentially be difficult to right about. I'm not sure exactly what those original thoughts were thinking, but this song had many different elements and was as enjoyable to listen to as it was to closely examine. The first thing I noticed was how long it took for lyrics to come into play. It was literally almost an entire minute, which I feel like is actually fairly common but the style of the song is just kind of naturally slower anyway so it felt like quite a bit longer than just one minute. Anyway, Louis Armstrong. I both adore and question his voice. It's far from smooth, but it almost gives off a calming vibe. His singing matches the style of music perfectly, they both kind of drag together and keep you waiting for the next note, but also leave you feeling relaxed. My favorite part of the song is when the trumpet comes in towards the end. It gives a nice bit of variety to the song, and emphasizes that rich, old jazz feel. I will probably listen to this again, but I think my life is much too fast paced for this leisurely song to be part of my everyday routine haha. Also, side note, Louis Armstrong seems like the happiest person to ever exist, and I can't help but smile when I hear him or see his picture.
https://open.spotify.com/track/7vcsthwGswnftGiVd3zmm2
Comments
Post a Comment